There are a few different methods for attaching WalkWise to your walker, depending on the type of wheel you have. To review walker compatibility, click here.
1. Insert the zip-ties through the holes around WalkWise, aligning them with the location of the spokes on the walker wheel.
2. Place WalkWise on the surface of the wheel and insert each zip-tie end into its own receptacle, making sure that the zip tie is wrapped around a wheel spoke. Complete these steps again so there are 2-3 zip-ties around wheel spokes. Once all are in place, tighten each of the zip-ties to secure.
3. Cut off excess material with scissors or wire cutters and ensure that wheel rotation is not affected by the zip-tie placement.
If the wheel rotation is blocked by the zip ties, you may need to use the twist-tie attachment method below.
1. Place three twist-ties at various locations through the holes on your WalkWise device, so that both ends extend out the back.
2. Do your best to align the ties with the location of spokes on your wheel.
3. Place WalkWise on the walker wheel and turn your attention to the back of the wheel. If necessary, pull the tie ends around to the back, and make sure each one wraps around a wheel spoke. You may need to adjust the location of the ties at this point.
4. Twist each tie together with itself around the spoke, like using a twist-tie on a bag of bread. Pull the ties tightly while twisting.
5. Fold the remaining wire into the wheel to ensure free rotation.
Ties should all be snug on the front.
If you are attaching WalkWise to a solid wheel, use the supplied Dual-Lock strips.
1. First, remove the film covering the adhesive on three strips, and adhere them to the back of the device, as shown below.
2. Remove the film on each, and place on the wheel, pressing firmly to adhere.
3. The device is now firmly in place, but can be removed with sufficient force to un-snap the dual-lock material.
Need a bit more help?
No problem! Please don’t hesitate to call us at 1 (866) 624-0046 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org